The greatest feature of a kurti is its versatility. It can be worn to almost every occasion. Be it a casual gathering or a formal party, kurti can make its way through to all such events.
While pairing a kurti is almost hassle free since it goes with patialas, loose pallazos, leggings, jeans etc; I tried creating a look with this flared skirt. The kurti is from one of my favorite online shopping websites Wishalley.com ; made of the softest crepe fabric and the perfect combination of subtle colors just suiting my taste.
Crepe fabric is anyway known for its varied appeal and when you get the finest crepe kurtis at affordable prices, you can only thank your stars. I loaded the look with lot of silver jewellery and went for a light makeup.
The second kurti is a combination of peach and coral bringing in both soft and bright touch to it. While most of us like being fashionable without being in a straitened situation, very few of us actually manage to be chic without burning a hole in our pocket. Thanks to wishalley.com who offers the best options in an economic range. Whether the occasion is grand or not, the wise combination of colors in this attire makes it perfect for any event. I have teamed it with a bright orange pallazo and an orange dupatta which makes it appropriate for a formal occasion as well. For a more dramatic look, you can go for traditional hand accessories and an Indian choker. Thanks to the versatility of kurtis, you can add your flavor as per your personal style and enjoy sporting different looks.
If you feel the tranquilizing vibes of kurtis and want to breathe new life into your wardrobe; it is time to head to wishalley.com and pick some from the amazing collection.
Holi is the most exciting of all the Indian festivals, for adults and children alike. While the color blast is sure to lift your spirits, the celebration can get really messy! Also, with all the water conservation issues lately, I think people are looking at more options to celebrate Holi in a unique way avoiding colors in the first place. Nevertheless, there are plenty of ways in which you can have fun and celebrate the festival of colors in an eco-friendly manner. If you are not looking forward to Holi because of the colors, here are 7 other reasons you can create for yourselves to enjoy the festival –
- The Décor : Festive décor is a must for the right vibes around any festival. Go for simple props as a display e.g gulal in chai glasses – It will set the mood at the entrance itself. You can string up bright balloons and paper ribbons all around. Colorful flowers will further add to the life of the occasion.
- Food, food and more food : Holi is associated with food as much as it is with color. Well, that’s how most Indian festivals are J If you are fond of cooking, this is the time to make some lip smacking sweets, particularly gujiyas (Sweet dumpling made with flour and stuffed with khoya). If you are fond of eating like me, the choices are never ending. I always wait for Holi to get the best of food throughout the day gorging on sweets and savories in all the meals.
- Colors for the kids: I am sure there would be many over protective moms like me who wouldn’t want their kids to play with colors but I am definitely not averse to the idea of introducing the concept of having fun with colors. While V is too small to even understand the art and craft, I plan to help her with few splatter cards and coloring books. Looks like fun, let’s see if she really enjoys it.
- Photo shoot – What a wonderful occasion to get few pictures clicked. You can make it a day to remember using a blank wall and a variety of props such as rainbow wigs, outsized sunglasses, multicolored hats, and colorful boards. Also, don’t forget a pile of masks and pouts to add to the fun.
- Forgive and forget – Did you know the festival of Holi is actually a day to forgive and forget, and to try and end conflicts. So, make peace amongst your groups and people you do not get along with.
- Chance to dress up : The traditional dress code for Holi has always been white but if you want to celebrate the festival with colors on your clothes, you can dress up in the brightest of colors and enjoy the color blast.
- Go for a theme: Themes in parties are always fun. A good theme can take a boring gathering to a legendary party.Go for funky themes or a floral theme where the décor to your dresses, everything is filled with flowers. Never underestimate the power that bunches of colorful fresh flowers wield.
Hope you enjoy Holi the way you like.HAPPY HOLI , guys!:)