They said yellow eye shadow is the biggest trend this summer. From mustard to neon, my Instagram feed was flooded with great artists experimenting with the brightest and sunniest shades of yellow. So when I set out to explore the streets of Prague on a very sunny day, I decided to experiment with the bright hues of yellow. Thanks to my Huda Beauty Electric Obsessions, the color pop was totally worth it.
I would not even have to explain what I used if you would see the palette for yourself. I started with a Bobbi Brown eye primer for the eye shadow to show its true colors.Basically, I used a mix of pink and purple in crease and base which are evenly spread out. I used the benefit concealer on the inner corner and spread it to the middle of the eyelids for the yellow to be as bright as possible. Then, I tapped the yellow color on the concealer and slowly blended it across the lids to even it out with the purple.
Interestingly I had left my INGLOT AMC77 gel eyeliner(which I generally use) back home and I had no option but to use a lip liner on the eyes. I used NYX Maroon lip liner for the same and it did not disappoint me at all.
As always, I was a little too shy to use a bright lip color with bright eyes and a very bright yellow top. Hence, I chose MAC twig, an absolute subtle and everyday wear lip color . Benefit brows and Benefit Roller Lash mascara as usual to complete the look.
More such FOTDs on my Instagram stories. Follow http://www.instagram.com/missvogueviolet for more!
So, I am writing this post in the middle of a holiday as I think of my darling little V who is having a ball of time back home. Generally, home is far from the top of my mind when I travel to a new place. I am always busy exploring and soaking in the experience yet I always look forward to going back when it is time to return.
A quote that I relate to –
I love coming home after being away. Do you feel the same way? Read on to find out 7 reason why –
- Family: Whatever said and done, there is no substitute to the warmth of a family and if you got fur babies, I know you just can’t wait to get back home and cuddle up.
- Comfort: I know all you fashionistas love to wear the best of clothes and shoot the best of pictures in vacations, but hey, secretly we all want to go back to our pajamas and slump in the couch, don’t we?
- Back on track: Yes, holidays are the time when all your new year resolutions, diet and workout goals go for a toss. So, coming back to home gets you back on track with clean eating and increased focus on health.
- Creativity: Sometimes you get so many fresh ideas in a holiday that you can’t wait for the surge of creativity to step out of you and implement them in your lives.
- Familiarity: When you are in a different country, after a certain period of time, you practically long to communicate in your own language, eat your home cooked food and feel your usual neighborhood.
- Routine: Yes, you went on a holiday to escape the usual but people like me long to get back to routine after a few days. A routine just makes life easy, you know exactly what you’re going to do next.
- Sleep: After an activity packed vacation and before you start going back to work, you would want to get some good sleep(and what better than your own bed). You can catch up on all the episodes loss of your favorite series. So, all you GOT fans, please don’t plan a vacation when Season 8 is aired!
Don’t get me wrong, I love vacations as much as you do but I also really do LOVE coming back home 🙂