Wall decor is tricky and has been evolving since years, each time with a new trend. Decorative wall plates are currently taking the decor world by storm.From DIY plates to printed ceramic plates, monochromes to blast of colors; people are spoilt for choice when it comes to embellish walls with beautiful wall plates.
With people clearly appreciating handmade and handpainted goods these days, the preference is slowly moving from machine made goods to unique handmade and handpainted decor goods.
Vintage Vistara is a modest design studio which focuses on bringing back the love to such handmade and handpainted beauties. Here is the collection of the handpainted wall plates made on ceramic, MDF and wooden plates.
There is a saying that all good things come in small packages – Vintage Vistara completely believes in it and what better when it can encompass the whole world of colors and crafts, binds it with our roots and produces an excellent product in the small package. I would like to showcase the whole range of teapots which have been painstakingly crafted and hand painted by the best artists of Odisha. The art is Pattachitra which dates back to the 5th Century and expertise been passed on by generations of renowned and trained artists.
You can shop these by following the link – Vintage Vistara India
They can be used for home decor, as a table centerpiece , as a plant holder, a water can for gardening or what it is best meant for – pouring hot beverages. They also make for thoughtful and unique gifts.
Follow on Instagram for more updates – https://www.instagram.com/vintagevistara/?hl=en and facebook https://www.facebook.com/Vintage-Vistara-516939125489551/
Write to firstname.lastname@example.org for bulk orders or any queries that you might have.
Ask IRA your questions about HIV/AIDS at https://yes4me.net/IRA now.
Did you know there are 2.01 million people still in India who live with HIV, or that there are about 80,000 people who get infected every year? Not to mention the overall stigma & prejudice associated with the condition which marginalizes the infected and the lack of information that perpetuates all of these. Bad news, indeed.
Good news, however, is that HIV is preventable, manageable and a lot of it is just to do with providing people the right information with sensitivity and tact at the right time!
IRA is a conversational platform where people can seek answers to their pressing HIV/AIDS queries. She was created to help people gain information about HIV and motivate people to manage HIV responsibly. She is friendly and chatty and wants the world to be free of HIV.
IRA will be available on the yes4me website. Anyone with an internet connection can access IRA which makes her a powerful ally in the fight against HIV. Because of the stigma surrounding HIV, people can visit IRA from the security of their own home and seek answers to urgent questions without facing any of the discrimination that they would face anywhere else.
With IRA by their side, millions of Indians will be able to find the right information at the right time and thus solve the root cause that perpetuates HIV.
Let’s join hands to make India HIV/AIDS free. You can reach IRA for all your questions from the link below.
We would love to hear back from you as your feedback makes IRA better!
Ever wondered what is the perfect look for a kid’s birthday party!I kept thinking for a long time and finally settled for a fun bubbly makeup look using bubblegum shades of pink and blue.
I picked pink and used it on the lids up to the crease with a Carolina Blue shade blended out towards the outer corners of the eyes. And there’s just the slightest hint of silver in the inner corner of the eyes. I wanted it all to stand out yet maintained a matte finish with very slight shimmers.
Products Used –
Eyeshadow Palette : NYX Sugar Trip Squad
Eyeliner : Kat Von D Tattoo Eye Liner
Mascara : Benefit Roller Lash
Brows: Benefit Big Brow Kit
I have not used a liner in the lower lash line and just added volume with the mascara.Our favorite beauty looks are always the ones that accentuate our natural features, particularly the eyes. Especially in the parties, we want bigger, brighter and vivid eyes that catch the light in the crowd.
Having spent many years in the Corporate world, I know for a fact that there are a dozen of qualities that women innately have in order to excel in their profession. Gone are the days when women hesitated to venture into the jobs, times are changing and so is the mindset of this society. We are now more accepting of women who decide to work and earn a living for themselves but business is a different ball game altogether. The business landscape is changing albeit slowly.The willingness to take risk and start entrepreneurship is rare and even rarer with women but being a woman entrepreneur myself, this post is about how women are born with some of the most needed leadership skills which they just need to hone and use in their stride to be successful entrepreneurs.
- Networking: Most of us are born with good social skills. It is termed negotiating in the business world but in simple language, it is about getting to know people and interact with them so that more opportunities open up. Networking can happen anywhere, even when you are travelling in the bus, so keep yourself open to opportunities.To structure the process, participate in business workshops and get your friends and other like minded people to introduce you to more well connected and influential people.
- Aptitude for learning : It is a given fact that to survive in today’s competitive world, one should be ever ready to learn new things. Every day, there is a new technology evolving and new tools come replacing old ones, creating a need to learn new skills. Research also proves that not only do girls have flair for learning but they also learn faster.
- Market research: Collecting information is every woman’s forte and as an entrepreneur, one needs to be able to conduct market research that will provide the key information to develop a concrete business plan. Identifying trends and competition in order to know the demographics and profiles is extremely important . It not only helps to understand the industry better but also helps meet the customer needs proactively.
- Delegating: The art of delegation in our daily lives comes pretty naturally on most occasions and interestingly it is one of the most sought after skills in business. Women in general are good at convincing people to believe in them and in the business world, you need to get people to believe in your vision and share the same as yours.
- Sense of Ownership : Every successful business owner has taken the complete ownership of his/her business and guess what, women are blessed with supreme sense of ownership. A woman’s brain is developed in a way that she takes complete responsibility of people she loves.
- Human Resource Management:Women have a knack for human resource management because they always understand the emotive aspect of the business better. Conflict management and higher emotional intelligence helps mitigate issues within the team better resulting in a harmonious and more productive environment.
- Having talked about the skills where women need minimum effort to leverage on, there is one skill that women in general might need to doubly work on and that is ‘Taking due credit of one’s effort and success’.We often fail to pat our backs for the incredible effort we put in and pass on the credit to someone else. Remember girls, no one will invest in you if you do not believe in yourself and that has to be showcased to the world.
P.S – There is no way I mean to say women are better or worse than men. This article is all about what we already have and can leverage in order to be successful.
Image Source Flintobox
Home is the first environment a child is exposed to socially and it is home where the child spends maximum time of his early years around his/her family. It is a great opportunity to utilize this environment to maximize the learning of a toddler. To do the same, it is important that we as parents and people around us who are involved in raising the child are actively adopting the behavioral alterations required to suit the learning of the child.Some of the easy to do and important ones are –
1.Improving the listening and responding skills – Toddlers have a habit of asking never ending questions, sometimes they repeatedly keep asking silly questions. There is no end to the whats, whys and hows but then, it is only natural for us to get irritated. The key to alter this behavior is obviously patience; if you consistently encourage the curiosity and raise the interest level of the child it will have many long term benefits. The child grows up to constantly seek new things in life, explore and experiment with changes. If we do it in an early age, it will continue in the long run.
2. Reading Habit – We all know reading is a great habit but it is a habit which cannot be inculcated in a child by preaching. This is something which can only be done by leading through example. There are two ways to do this – reading yourself and being an example to the child or reading the book aloud to the child every night through bedtime stories or any other means. This comes for my personal experience – whenever I read a book, V also has the excitement to hold a book and pretend to read. In fact this is how kids transition from pretending to read to actually start reading.
3. Declutter – Like most other parents, I am also guilty of getting too many toys and games for my daughter. Kids are spoilt for choice and eventually start to devalue things. Research also proves a child’s learning is maximized when it is uncluttered and organised. Prioritizing and organizing skills can really be imbibed in the early years. Time capping for certain games is also a great idea where you only give one set of toys for a particular period of time. Involve the child in the de-cluttering process and let him/her choose the next set.
4. Demonstration – It is always a great idea to ask kids to assist you to do things. Household chores or outdoor tasks, working as a team always helps raise a more responsible child. The activity is also perceived as fun activity by them and not a task.
5. Let them try – Unless it is a big hazard, let the kids try to do things independently. Parental supervision is good but instilling the confidence in the child really means a lot. I have seen the such kids to grow up as very confident and fearless individuals.
As many of you would have seen the toddler parenting series that I am doing on my IGTV channel on Instagram,this is the second topic we are talking about after “How to decide on a good preschool for your child”. To watch the video, please follow missvogueviolet .There are many parents who decide against sending their child to school even before they turn 3 but for most working parents, this seems to be a good option.
Image Source – Pinterest
Some of the reasons why we decided to send V to preschool are –
1.Social Skills – We thought that if V is surrounded by kids her age and has a structured school environment, she will develop her social skills better. I can vouch for this now as I see she has developed a positive acceptance to people around her after a couple of weeks spent in school.
2. Energy Channelization – Like most toddlers, V is always beaming with energy which needs to be used in a productive way. At home,while we try our best to engage her in whatever possible way we can, school definitely provides numerous positive ways to use the energy.
3. Balance for working parents -Off late, I had been finding it really hard to focus on my professional priorities because of the endless tasks at home.So the couple of hours off in the morning with V gone to school, I definitely am able to plan my day better and work more efficiently.
4. Learning through playing – It is always better when there are trained professionals who know best how to make learning fun and therefore, a good preschool is definitely important.
Now coming to the most important point of discussion which is readiness of the child to go to the playschool, there are a few things that I looked at before taking the final decision.
- Communication – While it is impossible for a toddler to clearly communicate all of his/her emotions properly,he/she should be able to ask for basic things and express the displeasure whenever needed. This helps to ensure that he/she is understood in his school and any kind of discomfort can be dealt with immediately.
- Curiosity – Every child is curious but curiosity should be higher than the fear of being unfamiliar. If the child is very uncomfortable to new environments, maybe you could wait for a few more months. If the child is fairly receptive to new things in life, it is a good time to go to play school.
- Love to socialize – There are many kids who love to socialize yet cry every single day while going to school. If your child longs to spend time with other kids, enjoys play dates and shows some interest towards team work I think they are the first signs of readiness for play school.
- Follow Simple Instructions – The child should be able to understand and comprehend what the teacher and other staff are saying. He/she may not be competent to obey and execute every single instruction but should show some signs of reception.
- Positive Attitude and health – A school could be a breeding ground for air borne and water borne diseases. You are exposing your child to a lot of other people who could be sick and if your child is prone to infections, you could wait for a few months till his/her immunity develops.
These are the few key points you could use as a reference to check if the child is ready for school or not.
A day wedding is the perfect occasion to experiment with bright bold colors like yellow, orange and red. Recreating a sunset look, I loved the yellow golden hues of the eye shadow and named it “The Fireflies”. With the December parties lining up at the year end, this is the perfect time to experiment with color and go bold in a big way.
As you would have already guessed it, my ‘go-to’ for the eye makeup has always been the Huda Beauty pallete. This time I used the Huda Beauty Electric Obsessions Palette as they have pigmented mattes and striking shimmers like no other. They are so build-able and easy to blend. I started with the striking yellow from the inner corners of the eyes, used the coral pink from the middle to the outer corners and then blended in the black from my UD palette.
I wanted a very thin eyeliner and I went for the MAC Fluidline in the shade Waveline.
I typically go for false eyelashes with transparent Ardell Runway eyelashes in Claudia.
Eyebrows are good old Big Brows from Benefit.
On the face:
Makeup Forever HD Foundation in Beige
Highlighter Champagne from Becca
Blush Orgasm liquid from NARS
On the lips – MAC Limited Edition Giambattista Valli Collection Lipstick ~ Tats
Follow missvogueviolet for more such updates!
Once you are a mom, life throws you new challenges in every stage. Just when the sleepless nights are coming to an end, you got to make way for tough decisions 😀 Lately we have been doing a lot of research on preschools in order to finalize the best one for our little one. In the process there are a few realizations we had and therefore, I have listed down the important ones to keep in mind when you are looking for the best preschool for your child.
The next few things that you read shall help you make a conscious decision on selecting a preschool for your child –
- Match between the thought process of the parents and culture of the school: Every parent has a different set of expectations from the school. There are many parents who feel that a school must give a lot of importance on academics and theoretical method of learning because they benefited from it in their childhood. At the same time there would be parents who would be looking for more playtime for the children and a good platform to channelize their energy in the positive direction. So based on these expectations, you could check on which school has to offer what.
- Infrastructure:Most good preschools do have great infrastructure these days but our priority was a school with a larger out door play area because we strongly believe in outdoor playtime. Similarly, I am sure parents would be having some specific requirements on the amenities the school provides basis which they can take a call on the same.
- Hygiene: It is the most important factor to decide anything for your child. Irrespective of what the school authorities say, it is always better to personally go and do a check.
- Proximity : If you find a very impressive school far from your home and you do not have good options around your house, you can still take a conscious call of sending the child away. We thought it is the first time V was going to step out of home and spend 3 hours with a set of unfamiliar faces and hence decided on a playschool pretty close to our home/workplace. The idea was to be immediately available for any kind of emergency.
- Language : Since V was confined to the home until now and we speak the regional language at home; she was exposed to only 2 languages – English and Odia. Therefore we thought it is important that we send her to a school where the staff can speak these 2 languages and not just Hindi which V cannot understand. Basically we tried to pull in as many strings as possible to make her feel comfortable in an unfamiliar environment so that there is no problem in basic communication between her and people around.
So here are the few factors that helped us decide on the best play school for our child. I hope these help you in some way. The next post shall be on how to check the readiness of your toddler for preschool.