Green eye makeup has been quite a thing on Instagram. Most people are unsure if green eye shadow could be carried off on a regular day but trust me you just have to choose the right shade and it would do wonders from an office look to a party look. If you are pale, you can could choose darker shades and if you are on the darker side, bright shades would look great.
In the look that I created, I was hesitant to use lot of green as I was already sporting the green lens. So, I used bronze and copper along with the green which was the base shadow and extended towards the outward corners.
Primer : Farsali Unicorn Essence
Foundation : Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation + Makeup Forever Ultra HD Foundation
Highlighter on the cheek bones and Nose Bridge : Becca Champagne
Blush : Benefit Dandelion
MAC Prep+Prime Powder
For my eye makeup, I used the TOO FACED Chocolate Gold Eye Shadow Palette which is made with 100% cocoa powder and real gold.
Eye Primer : Bobbi Brown Eye Primer
Base : Rollin’ Dough from the palette
Green : Money bags from the palette blended evenly around the outer corner of the eyes
Bronze : Old Money soft color used in the inner corner of the eyes and blended towards the middle.
Copper : Gold dipped in the middle of the eyelid, used it to let a light shade between 2 dark shade.
Eye Liner : Colorbar Liquid Liner in Black
Eye Mascara : Benefit Roller Lash Mascara
Hope you liked the look. Follow me on Instagram to get more such updates –
Tissura is a huge global network of fashion fabric shops and showrooms located in Hong Kong, Moscow and Saint Petersburg. For the rest of the world, they are widely available on a global scale for its online shop Tissura.com where they ship the world’s greatest textile chef-d’oeuvres to any part of world.
While they cater to a large audience whose taste vary from classy, affordable fabrics to the most luxurious ones, my eye caught the bridal lace which is beyond outstanding. They have a large repository of lace clothes that are full of tenderness and delicacy. Lace is widely preferred for the wedding gowns and Tissura.com provides the most amazing options. Lace is the absolute perfect timeless accent which compliments any silhouette and makes you look very elegant walking down the aisle. I found some amazing variants in corded lace, lyon lace and Chantilly Lace which in my imagination would make the most romantic and graceful wedding gowns.
There are different patterns ranging from stripes to floral to even geometrical and sequins all over the fabric. Manufactured in Austria, Italy and Japan they are made with the utmost perfection and highest quality.
Embroidered lace fabrics are my personal choice which define the significance and grandeur of a wedding. As proven always, lace has absolutely no limits as to which season it is acceptable for. From spring to winter, alluring lacy gowns are trending every year, every season. So, check out Tissura.com and go for the amazing bridal laces to pick your dream wedding gown.
Represented by HOH, Riechers Marescot and Marco Lagatolla, decorated with sequins, silver bugles, beads and faux pearls, they are created to bring a touch of glimmer to your bridal dress, turning it into one of the most exciting attributes of your big day.
Tissura works with most trustworthy suppliers who are renowned for the reference quality of their fabrics.
Tissura has been selling the best luxury couture fabrics for almost twenty years. Head to the website and buy fabrics by the leading European brands and enjoy their international delivery at Tissura online fabric store.
When I started my blogging journey, I was pretty confused on what niche to focus on. I have always loved to write on anything and everything but it was very difficult to decide on one particular category that I would love to continue writing about. Thanks to that phase of my life where all I could think of is my little one, I decided to focus on writing about all my experiences of being a new mother. Thus started my journey as a Mom blogger and my never ending hunt for everything that’s best for my baby. Historically,J&J has been the most trusted brand for babies and one of the few companies who has published more research than most other global skin care companies in the last five years. Their products are designed and manufactured keeping in mind the needs of baby skin. While they were already best at it, they have bettered themselves and re launched a whole new range catering to the ever changing needs of mums and babies and I was one of the few privileged bloggers who was invited by Baby Chakra to attend their launch event.
Before I take you on a virtual tour of the whole event, let me introduce you to BabyChakra which has been a one stop platform for all kinds of queries that I have had since I conceived my little one. It continues to be a real time support to all mothers across the country.
The event décor reminded me of everything that a new mum or baby would need. From a child care room, to fairytale décor of clouds and a kiosk filled with toys, it was so much fun. While the mums got to experience the all new products, there were numerous experiments and activities organized whose results stand testimony to the fact that they were the gentlest of all. The senior management had flown all the way from Singapore to Mumbai who unveiled the new line with great pomp and show. They were kind enough to answer all the questions the audience kept shooting at them during the Q&A session. Not to forget, we got to see the commercials before the rest of the world did and the experience was just exhilarating. In the end, it was clear that the trust of J&J baby brand continues to stand strong for years and shall continue to do so in future as well.
The new products are all gentler than the previous range and claim to be as gentle as water. As a privileged one to have experienced this in the J&J event, I could not help but appreciate the following –
- All new packaging with the convenience of a pump dispenser bottle and pastel colors.
- The fact that they are free of Parabens, Sulfates, Dyes and Pthalates.
- Interestingly what has not changed is the smell of the lotion which still brings in an air of nostalgia. After all, it is fun to be a Johnsons baby and a Johnsons mum, as gentle as the mother’s touch and smelling just like a baby – isn’t that the perfect combination.
- They also meet the highest IFRA certified standard for fragrance, the only baby care brand to do so.
- 8000 clinical assessments have been done on these products globally.
- The products are also pH balanced and hypoallergenic.
As a blogger, it was a great opportunity and I would like to extend my thanks to Babychakra, Johnson and Johnson and ITC Maratha for the great hospitality.
Pic courtesy : Quickmeme
I can still feel the excitement and anxiety of the day I was getting admitted in the hospital eagerly waiting for Baby V to arrive. Weeks of planning had gone into it and I would be happy to share the packing essentials for the big day.
- Photo ID, Insurance Info, Hospital Forms – First and foremost, important stuff to be filed in organized folders and kept ready at least a month before the due date. Insurance formalities can be a real pain if not managed properly.
- Cell phone and charger – You will need it to answer to all the wishes you get J
- Comfortable night gown – If you are someone like me who is used to wearing PJs and shorts, let me tell you that is not an option. Even mums who have been used to wearing sarees and salwar suits, you might like to choose comfort for a while J
- Headband – However trivial it may sound, it is an essential. Post my CSec I was asked to lie down without a pillow for straight 20 hours. I had taken just one clutcher which poked me all night through until the time I had to borrow a headband from someone else.
- Maternity Bra – Feeding a baby every now and then is no easy job. The only thing which can make things better for you is convenience. There are plenty of options in the maternity shopping section which can be explored.
- Hipster panties – CSec mommies will have to be extra careful with the stitches and avoid any friction on the incision. Hence, it is highly advisable to wear plus size panties which go all the way up to your upper abdomen.
- Breastfeeding cover – Indian friends and relatives do not hesitate to drop in generously once the baby is born. After all, our culture is such that we always rejoice and mourn together. For a new mom, it can get really hard and embarrassing to manage the crowd while she is still coming to terms with feeding a baby. So a good cover is a must (there are tons available which can be worn later in many different ways). P.S I still wear mine as a kaftan and sometimes roll it up as a scarf.
- Nursing Pads – Not everybody would need it right away but being prepared for leak protection will save you a lot of trouble.
- Adult Diapers – Heavy bleeding in the first few days comes as quite a shock to most moms but it’s all normal. Generally, recommend adult diapers which can manage heavy bleeding unlike the usual sanitary pads.
- Nipple creams – Sore nipples are going to be your friends for the next few months, applying good quality nipple creams could relieve some bit of pain.
- Toiletries and personal items: The must haves for every woman – Toothbrush, hairbrush, toothpaste, face wash, shampoo, conditioner, deodorant, lotion, contact lens case and solution. Travel size packs recommended as they are easy to carry.
- Comfortable loose maternity clothes and flat slippers for the discharge day- I had swollen feet for the most of my maternity. While it magically disappeared just after the baby was out but I would still recommend very comfortable slippers/shoes as you are yet to gain complete stability and control over your body post-delivery.
- Food – Your doctor will best prescribe what diet you should be following post procedure. Also, Indian moms tend to carry Shatavari and other Ayurvedic supplements for lactation supply, make sure your doctor is aware and okay with it.
Soon, I shall come up with a packing list for the Indian baby to arrive.
Despite a fixed holiday entitlement as per company policies stipulated by organisations, most of the employees in India often refrain from taking leave mainly due to stereotypes attached to it.A survey conducted by British Airways says “2 per cent are often concerned with the mounting load of the work while the other 26 per cent are unable to find the time to disengage from the official responsibilities. Close to 30 per cent are unable summon the courage to ask for leave, as a large share believe that two-week holidays are frowned upon or discouraged by their workplace”
Here I shall address the last reason which is traumatizing 30 % of the employee population and their families(since work life balance of the individual directly impacts the family).
Here are seven reasons why you must muster courage to take leaves at work –
- One must take a break from the drudgery of work. Be it a holiday or a relaxed day off at home, the rest truly makes a difference to the productivity of an employee.
- Some of us actually believe in accumulating holidays so that we could avail leave encashment at the time of exit. Guys, let me tell you most leaves accumulated lapse beyond a certain period of time and unless you exit in the same year before they lapse, you won’t get much benefit out of it. Additionally, a paid holiday is a day where you earn the whole amount where as in case of leave encashment, you get only basic and DA(if applicable).
- Often employees believe that not taking leaves will ensure the employee stays in the good books of the boss. This is the biggest myth – leaves are employees’ right and exercising a right should not depend on anyone’s perception on you.
- Employees burn out at a very early stage these days. This is primarily due to outrageous workloads and no worklife balance. This leaves the employee not feeling valued for all the hard work they do.
- Personal health and relationships is priority. It is above everything else. While most of us realize it only with age, it is better if the realization dawns sooner in our lives.
- Focused attention is directly proportional to higher efficiency.Dedicated hours at work ensure complete attention to the job , similarly focused attention to home and family ensure strengthening of the family bonding and personal relationships.
- Fewer health problems – Stress can cause a variety of issues, personal health topping the list.From the overall health and well being to serious respiratory and digestive issues, it could pose a serious threat to one’s life.
Blue is such a soothing yet dramatic color for makeup. Blues and greens on the eyes actually look like watercolors on fair skin. With a tinge of metallic shade , they shine like jewels. I loved to experiment with some blue eye makeup and I can’t wait to show you the end results. I see so many makeup artists experimenting with galaxy and sea foam inspired makeup. They look lovely, so I decided to start with just one color – the very vibrant blue from Huda Beauty obsession palette.
The color is so vibrant and intense that it captures the splendor of a bright blue sea appropriately.
Here’s a step by step tutorial for you guys –
I started by applying Bobbi Brown eye primer and blended it evenly all over the eye lids and the area below the brows.
I used the concealer Eraser from Benefit and covered the under eye dark circles.
I used a nude color from the Estee Lauder eye shadow palette and covered the whole area and then used the teal color in the outer corner slowly bending inwards.
I took a flat brush and used the concealer on the eyelids blending it uniformly and then used the metallic blue over it till it looked vibrant.
I lined my eyes with INGLOT black liquid liner(not a fan of felt tip though) and used NYX white on my water line. Finally, Benefit Roller Lash mascara and Ka Brow for completing the look.
This is one of the easiest eye makeup to do which can up your glam quotient in no time.
They said yellow eye shadow is the biggest trend this summer. From mustard to neon, my Instagram feed was flooded with great artists experimenting with the brightest and sunniest shades of yellow. So when I set out to explore the streets of Prague on a very sunny day, I decided to experiment with the bright hues of yellow. Thanks to my Huda Beauty Electric Obsessions, the color pop was totally worth it.
I would not even have to explain what I used if you would see the palette for yourself. I started with a Bobbi Brown eye primer for the eye shadow to show its true colors.Basically, I used a mix of pink and purple in crease and base which are evenly spread out. I used the benefit concealer on the inner corner and spread it to the middle of the eyelids for the yellow to be as bright as possible. Then, I tapped the yellow color on the concealer and slowly blended it across the lids to even it out with the purple.
Interestingly I had left my INGLOT AMC77 gel eyeliner(which I generally use) back home and I had no option but to use a lip liner on the eyes. I used NYX Maroon lip liner for the same and it did not disappoint me at all.
As always, I was a little too shy to use a bright lip color with bright eyes and a very bright yellow top. Hence, I chose MAC twig, an absolute subtle and everyday wear lip color . Benefit brows and Benefit Roller Lash mascara as usual to complete the look.
More such FOTDs on my Instagram stories. Follow http://www.instagram.com/missvogueviolet for more!
Talk about sweet serendipity and how I landed up on this awesome online shopping website dresslily while looking for some holiday essentials. From vintage dresses, plus size dresses, tank tops,swim wear and even home decors, they have it all. What a respite, I could easily to all my shopping in just this one website. Well, that’s not the end of it , all fashion must haves are also right up here –fashion.So, from here on, if I have to look up for a wardrobe revamp, these are the two destinations I will always hit up.
Since this is summer and I am soon to hit the beach, my search for bikinis ended right up here.Dressing up for a beach holiday is really fun and can be very easy if you find the right outfit. While a bikini is a go to for such holidays, you really need to add the quirk element to stand out in the huge crowd. I found these really fun pineapple prints on this website. You can check out the collection here. I love to get creative with my clothing and I totally loved the range of strappy high rise, stoop neck empire waist, wrap bikinis and many more all available in such fun prints. Here’s one that I find very wearable –
Image Source – Dresslily
RoseGal was in fact started by a group of friends all of whom shared a deep passion for great fashion. They give specific focus to a lot of particular styles. First of all, plus size fashion – They have the most affordable range of outfits fit for all occasions – from party wear to swimwear. The second broad category is vintage fashion – There’s something so ladylike and elegant about the vintage collection they have.The vintage style is a unique fashion statement, truly capturing the essence of classic fashion. The most appealing category is the one which caters to most of us – contemporary and modern.It showcases the very recent trends and the styles are loved by one and all. My personal bet on this website, solely because it had something for everyone irrespective of gender, body type, taste etc.
Coming to the latest trend of one shoulder tops and dresses,I think it is a great way to jazz up a look, bringing in the glamour quotient almost immediately.It gives a great structure to an outfit and also breaks the body shape lines into visually longer and leaner. I love how sophisticated it looks and the fact that it makes one look really party ready in a jiffy.
You can shop for many more such one shoulder outfits here – See more details here