If you are a blogger, you probably already know about the Liebster award. For all of my readers who haven’t heard of it, it is a recognition by fellow bloggers to someone who is new to the blogging community. It feels great to be recognized by someone of your own and my heartfelt thanks to Joyce Osiange from www.thecozyme.com for nominating me for the award.
Joyce asked me a few questions that helped me introspect further on my blogging journey. Read on to find out my responses –
- What drove you to blogging and what are the challenges you are facing as a blogger? How do you tackle them?
I have had a passion for writing since I was very young. As a teenager, I was very secretive about my writings and poetry. I would literally hide my diary and never let anyone touch it. Gradually, with age and more exposure to the web, I realized that there are so many like-minded people around who share the same passion and that it is best to share and learn from others. The biggest challenge I face as a blogger is to manage time. As a new mom and a full time working professional, sparing a slot for writing is a tough task for me. I’m trying to tackle it by scheduling my posts in advance and planning my day more effectively.
- Do you blog fulltime?
No, blogging is my hobby. I am a fulltime HR professional.
- Where is your next travel destination?
Vietnam – Yay!!
- What is the most extreme thing you have done?
Scuba Diving – I have been scared of water all my life yet mustered the courage to dive in the waters of Andamans, India,
- When you have a writer’s block what do you do to work it out?
Thankfully I have not been hit with the condition yet. I write on different genres, ranging from beauty to fitness and motherhood. Hence, I have enough and more to explore and share in the coming years.
- What advice will you give to those who want to start blogging?
Follow your passion. If it really interests you, go for it and the world will follow you.
- Do you interact with your reader?
I love to interact with my readers because they are my biggest source of feedback and constructive criticism.
- Name one thing that inspires you daily.
The fact that my hands are always full. I feel I can deliver better under pressure and when I am pressed for time, I am more motivated to deliver.
- If you had to give an advice to thecozyme.com what will it be?
I love the versatility of your writings and your motivation posts are really inspiring. keep up the good work.
- Are you a member of any blog forum/group? How does it benefit you?
I am a member of few. Still trying trying to figure out my way through.
So, the deal is we nominate budding bloggers from the community and ask 10 questions which would help the world know them better.
Please note the rules before listing the nominations –
- Thank the person who nominated you through your social media platform by sharing their blog post.
- Write a blog post about Liebster Award and make sure to add the logo.
- Answer the questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-10 bloggers whose blogs are of interest to you.
- List the rules in the Liebster Award blog post.
- Inform the nominees about their nomination for them to continue the chain of nominating other bloggers.
So, I nominate the following
And my questions to them are –
- Describe yourself in three words.
- How long have you been blogging and what has kept you going?
- How did you choose your blogging niche?
- What is your biggest passion in life? Does your blog speak about your passion?
- What is your most prized possession?
- What is your favorite quote and by whom?
- What is your favorite post on your blog and why? (Please provide link)
- What is your favorite post on my blog and why? (Please provide link)
- What is the single most important characteristic of a person that you appreciate the most?
- What is your advice to the new bloggers?
Please don’t forget to click on subscribe and follow on the social media handles.Happy blogging!