Did the subject offend you? I really hope not – this is not a fat shaming, judgmental article that is going to make you feel sick about your existing body. All I want to share is how and why I look forward to being a fit Mommy and when I say “fit” I mean maintaining a healthy lifestyle and not having a body that would grace the cover of a magazine(Anyway I am far from being anything like a model):D
Here are 7 reasons which motivate me to work harder towards a healthy lifestyle –
- Leading by example: I had never spent a minute working out before my pregnancy neither did I ever pay any attention to the calorie intake of my body. Today, when I look back I wonder what was I thinking all these years. I know making a healthy choice has created an impact on my friends and family members as well. I sincerely hope my little munchkin follows suit too.
- Physical and Mental Development: Raising a child is not an easy task and for a working woman, it is even more difficult. Your hormones go haywire and disrupts the balance between body and mind. Becoming a healthy, fit, and happy person first involves a mindset shift to see yourself as someone who lives that type of lifestyle which means looking hot is not what you should aim at – getting fitter physically and mentally is what you should aim for.
- Creating a new passion: Sometimes, in such times all you need is a change. A change that can be embedded in your present. And what better than being passionate about being fitter? Everything in your life would just automatically integrate as habits which shall help you evolve into a better person.
- Building stamina: As your child grows, you need to do more running around and you will always need higher energy levels. A good workout also helps sleep better (which most moms find very hard to do).
- “Me” Time: Finally you get some time to release your stress and just be with yourself. Be it a workout session or Yoga/meditation, it will act as a tremendous booster for your inner senses.
- Bringing out a “Happy” You – A good workout helps you release endomorphins and that makes you “HAPPY”. A healthy lifestyle translates into a happy lifestyle in no time.
- Back in Shape: Get back in that little black dresses you hid away in the cupboard thinking you would never fit into them. Bring them out and work harder till you get there. Any form of motivation can work, I use my LBD as a milestone J
Posting few looks from my journey of getting fitter (or trying to get fitter) – Timeline of months post pregnancy:
6 months >> 8 months >> 10 months >> 12 months