As a working mom, there are a zillion of activities which fight to be on the top of your priority list. Constant pressure at work and never ending tasks at home can get really frustrating after a period of time. I get a lot of queries on fitness through my Instagram Q/A sessions which I do on Missvogueviolet . The answer to most of the questions on how to be fit after being a mom is very simple – MAKE TIME for it. It is important that you take advantage of every little time that you get towards a ‘healthier you’. Here are seven tips to help you out –
- Like any other Corporate professional, the first question I shall ask you is “What is your vision?”There has to be a driving factor to get you working towards your goal.It could be “Staying healthy to take care of the kids” or “Getting back in shape after losing the baby weight” or just plain “Want to look and feel good”.Every reason is justified but it should be strong enough to motivate you every single day.
- Take a small step at a time but stick to the routine. If you decide to set 15 mins minutes out for a workout, try and maintain it religiously for a week and then increase the time slowly. Taking big jumps on a single day wont reap any results and will demotivate you further when you cannot continue it.
- Make the most of your work time – I am sure like most of us, you too would be lost in meetings and con calls through the day; and there are tons of calls when you are supposed to be the silent listener. So schedule your walks during these calls, put on your earphones and fix the 3 rounds around the premises when you can easily attend the call yet manage a physical routine.
- Get into the recreation room in the office and do a 15 minutes stretching. Get off that chair to walk around every 30-45 minutes.
- Make the most of Youtube. If you do not have the time to hit a Gym, watch online videos and start with yoga. If not anything, it will tranquilize your mind and make you feel better. If you have a toddler or baby who enjoys music, you could dance together for a few minutes.
- Utilize the park trips on weekends. This is something that I personally loved to do . Baby V would come along in the stroller and I could easily go for a run(if the nanny came along) or a pleasant walk if I am alone. It absolutely refreshes the mind and body.
- DO NOT STRESS: Yes, these are in bold letters because stressing will only make it worse. Watch motivational videos or talk to people who have achieved fitness goals and keep going. It is not going to change you overnight and remember, any progress is improvement so you will get there sooner or later.
Lastly, this is not about losing weight, it is about keeping fit and having the energy levels to manage the hundred thousands things you do. Always remember, YOU ARE A SUPERWOMAN!